Never been a better time to upgrade to Geothermal
A wide range of rebates are now available for homeowners looking to build new custom home or replace their existing heating and colling system. To qualify homeowners must work with a participating contractor such as McCrea's ClimateCare and in the case of geothermal ground loop the contractor must have IGHSA design and installation qualifications. The conditions for receiving substantial rebates are:
1) New geothermal earth closed loop system - rebates up to $20,000 towards your new geothermal system installed cost
2) Existing geothermal systems with heat pumps over 20 years old - rebates of up to $4500 towards a replacement heat pump
3) Existing geothermal system in need of ground loop repair - rebates of up to $4500 towards a replacement ground loop
4) New air source heat pump system for your custom new home or uprading your existing system - rebates of up to $5,800 are available towards the installation of a air source heat pump
5) Considering replacing your ac with an air source heat pump - rebates of up to $5,500 are available
Both ductless and ducted air source heat pumps are covered including the latest cold climate air source heat pumps.
Details of the announcement on ground source geothermal is here.
Working with a participating contractor such as McCrea's (covering Renfrew, Arnprior and surrounding area) is a requirement to qualify for the rebates, but unlike other programs pre and post full home Energy audits are not required.
These rebates are substantial and if past experience is anything to go by demand for this program will be extremely high. Homeowners that have put off installing geothermal will likely reconsider once they hear how much improved the payback is with rebates of ths size.
Th GreenOn program moves the goalpost on geothermal. Geothermal has alwasy been worthwhile for reducing utility costs (Hydro. oil, gas, propane) on an ongoing basis. The upfront cost is now 50-75% less making it well worth the investment with a much reduced payback period.
I recommend you call as soon as possible to arrange a quote and discuss the options that best apply to your home and family.