Ontario Green ON Geothermal Rebates
The provincial government has just announced substantial rebates to encourage homeowners to use low carbon technologies such as geothermal heating and cooling. Participating contractors, such as McCreas ClimateCare, must meet stringent qualification to IGSHPA standards for geothermal design and installation. Homeoweners can receive up to $20,000 towards the cost of their equipment installed cost. The plan covers a wide range of geothermal solutions both custom home new construction and replacement systems for exisiting homes and includes both air source and ground source heat systems. If any of the following applies to you we recommend you contact us at your earliest convenience:
1) Considering a new geothermal system for your custom new home or uprading your existing system - rebates of up to $20,000 are available
2) Have an existing geothermal system over 20 years old - rebates of up to $4500 towards a replacement heat pump
3) Have an existing geothermal system in need of ground loop repair - rebates of up to $4500 towards a replacement ground loop
4) Considering a new air source heat pump system for your custom new home or uprading your existing system - rebates of up to $5,800 are available
5) Considering replacing your ac with an air source heat pump - rebates of up to $5,500 are available
No energy audit is required to participate but a fully qualified participating contractor, such as McCrea's ClimateCare is required to qualify for the program.
The program is quite comprehensive and too complex to incude all of the details here. If you are considering any form of air source or ground source geothermal system, ducted or ductless we recommend you contact us as soon as possible for what we anticipate to be a very popular program.